"Kilwarlin Moravian chapel is situated in the townland of Corcreeny, on the side of a by-road. [In 1575 Kilwarlin was a large district and in 1641 it was in the possession of Rory Magennis.] It is a neat, slated and stone building, roughcast and whitewashed. It is 41 feet long and 26 feet broad in the inside. The walls are 2 feet thick. The entrance is at the west end by a passage 3 feet 6 inches wide and 13 feet long, on each side of which is a small vestry over which is a gallery looking into the body of the chapel. The pulpit is very neat. There are no pews but forms for the accommodation of 150 persons, including the gallery. The chapel was rebuilt in 1834 at the expense of the present clergyman. The old chapel was built in 1755 and was in a very ruinous state when he came there, and was seldom used except as a schoolhouse."
"Kilwarlin schoolhouse, situated near the Moravian chapel in Corcreeny townland, is a neat, brick building, corniced with freestone. It consists of 1-storey and is slated. It is 26 feet long and 22 feet broad and was built in 1834 and cost 60 pounds, which sum was defrayed by the Marquis of Downshire. Previous to the erection of the building, the school was held in the old Moravian chapel."
Ordnance Survey Memoir by J. R. Ward, T. C. McIlroy and J. C. Innes, (July 1837).