For rural Ulster this is a large graveyard. It is situated in the small town of Clogher on the south side of the main road leading from the Ballygawley roundabout to Enniskillen. This is a site of some antiquity and there has been a graveyard here from the beginning of the sixth century. A cathedral was built on this site in the late thirteenth century. In 1622 the cathedral was described as ‘altogether ruinated’. Shortly afterwards a new Protestant cathedral was built here. The present cathedral was built in 1744 by Bishop John Stearne. In 1786 the graveyard was enlarged to its present two acres. For the last 400 years the graveyard has been used by both Protestants and Catholics.