Coincidentally this gravestone is in Grange graveyard, the site of a former Augustinian abbey. This Robert Granger was probably the same as the man who was listed as a tenant in the manor of Dunnalong owned by the Earl of Abercorn in a document drawn up in 1622. The gravestone is now broken in two and one corner is worn away completely. The inscription is carved in false relief and runs around the edge of the stone. In the centre of the stone a shield featuring three stags’ heads has been carved. This was obviously an attempt to indicate the status of the deceased. Whether this was merited or not is another matter.
Robert Granger's memorial